Bantam IV was a tug boat built in 1949 by E.C. Jones and the Sons of Brentford.
She was the fourth built in a family of 91 similar tugs constructed over a period of 20 years.
They were designed to push canal barges from behind, making them 40% more fuel efficient than a conventional tug that pulled a barge.
Bantam tugs were the workhorse of the canal network and were used for maintenance on the canals and serviced the gravel pits.
Access is via the London Canal Museum. Please visit: http://www.canalmuseum.org.uk