The Anti-Aircraft Battery at Worms Heath (also known as Broom Bank) was built after 1947 (confirmed by aerial photographs) and was operational until the stand down of Anti Aircraft Command in 1955.
The construction was during a period in the 1950s during raised tension with the outbreak of the Korean War and Soviet intentions towards Europe. This led to a substantial upgrade of UK air defences that required a stronger post WW2 collection of defensive lines to protect London and nearby airfields.
The site comprises of four concrete emplacements laid out in a shallow arc (characteristic of post-war gun sites). The absence of gun pits in the emplacements suggests that they were for 3.7-inch guns.
The site is accessible 24/7 via a public bridal path off Beech Farm Road.