Bofors Tower is a Second World War anti-aircraft defensive structure associated with the Royal Air Force Kenley airfield located approximately half a mile to the north-west of the tower.
It was designed and erected in about 1940 or 1941 to hold 40 mm Bofors light anti-aircraft guns.
Constructed of reinforced concrete the tower is located to the south of Burntwood Lane.
It comprises two elevated reinforced concrete platforms located adjacent to each other. One platform would hold the Bofors anti-aircraft gun, whereas the other would hold the range predictor.
The tower isn’t physically accessible, however, a public lane allows clear views off Burntwood Lane.