The parish lock up was built into the garden wall of Cannon Hall in 1730, where local magistrates at the time held court in Hampstead London.
Prisoners were kept in this dark single cell until more lasting arrangements could be made for their imprisonment.
Soon after the formation of the London Police force in 1829, business was transfered to the Watch House in Holly Walk.
This Lock-Up is one of the very few surviving examples left in all of London
Not accessible – only viewable from the outside.